Wednesday, April 21, 2010

...It will melt your face off

On Friday morning, as I was taking a shower, I thought I'd do my face a little favor and wash it with Jason's new cleanser, Clean & Clear Acne Cleanser, to be exact. Immediately, it starts to tingle and burn. What do I think? "OH, it must be working."

Halfway through the work day, I'm writing the summer schedule on my white, dry-erase board and my face starts itching. I just ignored it, but it wouldn't go away. So I went to the restroom to find my whole face as red as a tomato. I looked like I had a MAJOR sun burn on my face.


My friends Friday night we all asking, "Were you out in the sun today?" So, of course, I had to share my story at least three times. I was so self conscience.

Well, fast forward to today. I'm still dealing with my repercussions. My skin has been totally burnt. My face is peeling, just like it would with a sun burn. UGH! This allergic reaction was/is intense.


I'm so mad at myself. Jason says it's not really my fault because I didn't know my skin would react that way. But come on! My dry, sensitive skin mixed with benzoyl peroxide...I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN! You can't really see it too much, but, of course, to me, it feels like my whole face is melting off like Raiders of the Lost Ark. Nothing will work: moisturizer, lotion, water, itching....

UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment