Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Etsy took my soul

It begins with an 'E' and rhymes with "Hmm, let's see..." It has taken over my soul, my time, my mind.

It all happened when I saw this necklace on another blog. It says, "There's No Place Like Home" from the Wizard of Oz. LOVE IT! So, luckily they posted the link to the Etsy site where it's sold. Immediately, I'm there, 'ooh-ing' and 'ahh-ing' over this $40 necklace. The conversation in my head began: "Do I like it?""Do I need it?""I could splurge on it but would I really wear it?""Nah, probably not. Too bulky."

I didn't buy it but instead typed "Wizard of Oz" in the search engine of this evil website. For 40-60 minutes straight I'm sucked into looking at 54 pages of items related to the WOOz, MY FAVORITE MOVIE!

Holy moly, I was overwhelmed with all this wonderful, and pointless merchandise. I want it all, even the stupid stuff. (Which, as I'm typing, find this whole situation ironic since I just watched Confessions of a Shopaholic over the weekend. The mannequins in the stores beckoned and pursuaded the main character to buy things. Just like Etsy was beckoning me.)

Here are some of the jewels that I found (and please, oh please, don't read into the baby stuff. I am not pregnant, nor will I be pregos anytime soon):

4 comments:

  1. I sell poppies like that at the store! Etsy is addictive though. I've had the tendency to spend an entire evening perusing things I would never actually buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, then, I'm just going to have to mosey out to Belleville to get a poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom sells baby stuff on Etsy. Twintooooo Treasures is the name of her shop.

    ReplyDelete