Thursday, January 6, 2011

Love Letter to My Husband


I wish I was as poetic as you in expressing the utter joy it makes me feel to be your wife. Every dream that I ever had was of you. Every future plan I ever concocted as a little girl had you in it. With every guy I've ever dated, I've always known they were just a stepping stone to you.

You're not perfect and we've been through our shares of ups and downs, like most couples, but as I've told you before, my love for you is deeper than you can imagine because it comes from God above. I am very serious about the covenant I took before God on Jan. 5, 2008. You and I will always be one family, one unit, one couple just simply trying to live their life for God the best they can.

If I could wish something for you during your 28th year of life, I wish God to boldly shape you into the spiritual leader I know you to be. Ignore the insecurities and fears you have because they are not of Him. Continue what you're doing in leading this family into the future. I promise to always run with you. And in this big year of 'what ifs,' know that I'll be holding your hand the whole time, physically and metaphorically.

So, my birthday boy man, enjoy the rest of your night playing video games and eating those Reeses pieces. You deserve it...............just don't stay up too late. :)

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment