Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Belated Birthday Present/New Year's Gift

Well, hello February 19th!  When did you get here?  I feel like quoting Frank from Father of the Bride, "Uh oh!  HELLo!!"

I'm usually pretty good about doing January blogs since January is, sort of, our month: Anniversary, Bergstrom's birthday, my birthday...but let me tell you, there was NO WAY I was going to have the time to blog.  Too much going on.   Which leads me to talk about my new year's resolution.  Actually, let's not call it a resolution, but rather my 2013 creed: Grace.  I'd like to focus on giving and receiving grace for myself and for others I encounter.  Grace towards myself when the house, my outfit, the car, whatever, isn't 100% perfect.  Grace towards Bergstrom when he parents Elliott different than me.  Grace towards family and friends when they need it.  Grace for everyone.  I just want to pour out grace.  I'm exhausted with the way we have placed it upon ourselves to be the best at everything.  Who can keep up?

(deep sigh)  So, I say, yea, to 2013!  And as a belated birthday gift/new year's present I would like to present to you, my beloved reader, a gift that will last a lifetime, kind of, sort of: a recipe.  This recipe came from a cookbook and I have since tweaked it to taste.  It is our "go-to" side dish when we aren't trying to be healthy.  I have stopped measuring, so please forgive my estimates on ingredients.  These potatoes will rock your world.  Trust me, you'll thank me later!

Bergstrom's Parmesan Potatoes

Ingredients
- Small, red potatoes (roughly 1 - 1 1/2 per person; I buy three for the two of us)
- Grated parmesan cheese (don't measure, so let's say, a cup)
- Butter (hmmm, once again, don't measure so let's say, 2 tbsp)

Directions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Melt butter (I'm lazy, so I melt it in the casserole dish in the microwave to not dirty a bowl)
- Dump and coat cut potatoes that are bite-sized into dish with butter
- Dump and coat potatoes with parmesan cheese
- Bake for 45 in oven.

And...you're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment