Wednesday, January 20, 2010

MY BIG DAY!


Today is my birthday.  Despite having to go to work this morning, I had a great day.  I would be lying if I didn't admit to you that I was a little worried that this day wasn't going to be good.  The past few days have been a little 'poop' for me.  Bergstrom and I started dealing with finances and taxes and it was totally taking an emotion toll on me.  (Side note: Handling my finances is an area that I don't easily give over to God.)  Long story short, stressful days.  HOWEVER....today was a good day because....

1. I got my morning wake-up text from Mom.  Her little tradition of waking me up at the time I was born, 6:48 am.

2. The cast of the show I'm directing, Laura Ingalls, got me a card and cupcakes. Thanks, Laurie. 

3. My main man took me to lunch at one of my favorite places, Mission Burrito.  Still stuffed!  XOXOXOX

4. I bought a pink, iPod nano, which is ABOUT TIME for me to get one and enter the 'real world.'

5. Calls, texts and love from my friends and family, so thoughtful and so sweet.

Now, I'm just relaxing at home.  Doing nothing.  Hangin' around.  Waiting for Bergstrom's rehearsal to end.  I'll probably hop into a bubble bath and watch some girly movie.  But, no matter what I do to complete the day, I'll celebrate God giving me another year to live on this earth.  I'm grateful.  I have so many blessings, so many wonderful people in my life.  So, "Good-bye" birthday day.  I breathe a sigh of contentment!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, yes. I remember well the day you were born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to type this two days ago, but this is a gorgeous post. I love the picture, and wished I was able to spend more time with you then. I'm still worried about the flowers ... perhaps I won't take THAT much of a chance next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (late) birthday friend. I hope you liked your card :)

    ReplyDelete