Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Deep Desire

While I was driving home today, I got a little overwhelmed with the Mercy Me song, "I Can Only Imagine." I've heard it a thousand times and, in all honesty, get a little annoyed when it comes on the radio, but today I got really struck by it. My eyes starting swelling up with tears and I got a little weepy. Not crying, exactly, but weepy.

I have a deep longing to be a good person and please God. It is, literally, the cry of my heart! Forget getting rich, owning an amazing home and becoming the perfect wife and mother. I was made to be so much bigger than who I currently am. I feel it. Its like John Mayor's song Clarity, "...I worry I weight three times my body..." Sometimes I think that there's this incredibly, world-shaking human being inside my 5'2'' frame. Is that weird?

On Inside the Actor's Studio, James Lipton asks each guest/actor ten questions based on a French questionnaire by Barnard Pivot. The #10 question is, "If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?"

My Answer: Well done, good and faithful servant!

No comments:

Post a Comment