Thursday, March 4, 2010

Little Foxes Auditions

Today my company is auditioning our resident actors for our up-coming production of Lillian Hellman's The Little Foxes. There is an extra bit of energy in every one's steps this week. I think because it's a fantastically written play, every one is secretly dying to be in it. The characters are strong, the story is powerful and it's a period piece: what more could an actor ask for?

There was a movie version on this play starring Bette Davis. Here she is pictured as Regina Gibbons, the matriarch controller of the family.

Auditioning for plays is the reason I'm at this company. There's nothing cut-throat about it. Everyone supports and cheers for each other. The actors are like a family to me. Generally, we all just want the show to be good, whether that includes us or not.

I'll let y'all know the results when we know the cast list! BREAK A LEG EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment