Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend Blog

I had a pretty busy weekend. All day Saturday was spent at work doing a staged reading of a play. I liked the play a lot but am SOOOO glad it's over and done.

Jason and I went to dinner together for the first time in a week on Saturday. It was heavenly. We've been so busy with work that our schedules never allowed us to eat dinner together. I'll repeat: it was heavenly.
Tonight I made cranberry chicken from a new recipe. It only had three ingredients, so I knew I was going to like it regardless of how it tasted. All you need is chicken breasts, can of whole berry cranberry sauce, and two packets of dried, onion soup mix.
You mix the cranberries and the soup mix together and pour it over the chicken. (I turned the chicken once to coat the chicken.) Cover it in foil and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Jason's not a big fan of onions but he didn't mind this. We tasted more of the onions than the cranberries, so if I make it next time, I'm only using one mix pouch. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad. Definitely a different way to eat chicken. Next time, I might keep the cranberries but mix it with something else.

We're watching the Oscars right now, both in our sweats. (sigh) He gets a day off but I go back into the grind tomorrow. Hope your weekend was a good one! Happy 2nd week in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment