Monday, March 8, 2010

My Recessive Gene


I can't believe I'm about to say it...(sigh)...never in a million years have I had this thought...I wish it was warmer outside. Living in Houston, this has NEVER been a problem. It's ALWAYS warm and summer is just plain distinguishing here; however, this winter has been a record cold. It's March 8th and I had to wear a sweater today. Now, don't get me wrong, I love warm clothes, comfy sweaters, cold sheets, and wool hats. Cool/Cold = my heaven on earth, but....

I have dry skin. Always have. You see, I got the recessive gene in my family. My dad, mom and brother are all tall and skinny, with oily-er skin and I am the polar opposite: short, round and the Sahara Desert for a face. (The good thing is I never had acne or a bad complexion, which I AM thankful for.) My dry skin just seems to get worst as I age. I've noticed my scalp being dry and my arms having a little bit of eczema on them. As I'm typing this, I'm realizing this is probably more information than you wanted about me. Sorry. But nothing seems to be working, moisturizer, lotion and even Vaseline.

Well, I read this stylist's blog here and got inspired to see what would happen if I only washed my hair every other day. Maybe it would help activate natural oils that I seem to be lacking. So far, so good. I'm styling my hair a little more on the second day because I'm uber, self-conscience of nasty hair. I really like my hair. It's something about me that I really like, so today I took the time to curl it in rollers. All my students were like, "Mrs. Abby, you're so pretty today!" I wanted to reply, "So, every other week, I'm chopped liver?" hehe. Kids!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment