Wednesday, December 29, 2010

6 Days of Christmas

I just returned from my 6 day Christmas vacation. Jason and I drove to KY which was very interesting and very long. We had a wonderful time seeing family but this, by far, was the most crazy Christmas I've ever had. Too explain, I've written (to the tune of 12 Days of Christmas) a song about my vacation:

1. On the FIRST day of Christmas, my holiday gave to me, a hospital containing my Daddy. (The morning of the 23rd, my mom called to say my dad had a high fever and they were taking him to the ER. This would not seem like a big deal to most people, but my father NEVER gets sick. Only once in my entire life did I ever see him sick. In the ER they tested his blood pressure and it was something ridiculous like 80/40 and because it was so low, his kidneys were beginning to shut down. They immediately whisked him to ICU and put him on all sorts of IVs and gave him a spinal tap. What they determined is that he got Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever from a tick when he was hunting the weekend before Christmas. HOLY TA-MOLY! Now, a week later, he's still there but last night, his fever finally was nonexistent. All this to say, the drive on the 23rd was the hardest thing in the world; however, my mom and brother assured me that they would look after him. Please keep him in your prayers.)

2. On the second day of Christmas, my holiday gave to me, two snowy boots... (It snowed in KY almost the entire time we were there which, technically, gave me my first white Christmas. I say 'technically' because it has snowed in Houston before but nothing like this. I was in winter heaven. With the picture, please pardon my no make-up and pjs. I was just too excited.)
3. On the third day of Christmas, my holiday gave to me, 3-D glasses... (We saw Narnia:Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Neither Bergstrom and I had read the book, so we enjoyed not knowing what would happen next. Great movie. Check it out.)

4. On the fourth day of Christmas, my holiday gave to me, 4 silly siblings... (We always enjoy our time with Josh and Dina. Can't wait to see them again! And in case you're wondering, Jason and Josh are twins. Don't you love Boss, their sheltie, sniffing the bow? Speaking of Boss...)
5. On the fifth day of Christmas, my holiday gave to me, five million dog hairs! (It was so fun playing with Boss. He's a bundle of energy and Jason couldn't get enough of him. He really didn't shed that bad. I just couldn't think of anything for the fifth day. HA!)

6. On the sixth day of Christmas, my holiday gave to me, SIX-teen driving hours... (Yep, you read correctly, 16 hours of driving from KY to TX. Now, I know there are many people who drive long distances often, but, WOW, how do you do it? Coming back we split up the driving. God bless all of you who drive a lot. God bless you! My butt is still sore.)

Let's sing it all together! Shall we?
On the sixth day of Christmas, my holiday gave to me...
SIX-teen driving hours,
FIVE million dog hairs,
FOUR silly siblings,
3-D glasses,
TWO snowy boots and
a hospital containing my Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. So glad your daddy is getting better. Love you and a late Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete