Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Steel Magnolia Nail

Last year I was cast in Robert Harling's Steel Magnolias at our theater. Taking place in a beauty shop, it required all six actresses to get their hair and nails done night after night after night.....A lot of fun, but a lot of work, particularly on our hair and nails. For every show, I walked on with "wet nails," removed it with nail polish remover and then in Act II, got my nails painted again. This wrecked havoc on my nails. They were orange by the end of the run. I literally, set out my nail clippers so that the last time I walked off stage for the last time, I could cut them all off.

Well, fast forward to the here and now. It's taken a whole year for this one thumb nail to completely "heal." Putting so much polish on it caused the top layer of nail to peel off, but not just at the top of the nail, the middle. Every time I cut it, it still continued to split. It became a thorn in my side because I really do like my nails and like them to be nice.

So, Hallelujah and Praise the Lord, my Steel Magnolia nail is gone! I took documentation to show you because I know you all care so deeply about my nail. So, what did I do afterward.... I painted my nails pink, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your nails have all recovered. Ok...I'm gonna admit it...I need you to post more. I check your blog like 10 times a day...come on Abby! Keep me entertained! Clearly I am not getting to see enough of you. -Jen

    ReplyDelete