Friday, June 4, 2010

Dancing Celery

Story behind the video:
When I was directing Laura Ingalls Widler, we were at one of our last rehearsals running through the whole show with the lights and sound. Brenda designed the sound and told me she had found a piece of music to play right before Laura and Mary dance around and sing, "Buffalo gals won't ya come out tonight..." She assured me that it was a fun song and that I would like it.

Well, little did she realize that the scene before "Buffalo Gals" was when Mary got sick with scarlet fever, almost died and went blind. Super dramatic. She played this song after:

Laura. (running into Pa's arms) She can't die, Pa. She just can't.

Pa. Hush, half pint. It's not so bad. There are some things you just don't want to see.....You'll have to see them for her. Do you think you can do that, half pint?

Laura. (with tears in her eyes) I can. I know I can.

So the music played and we all went rolling on the floor with laughter. I think some of us peed our pants, we were laughing so hard. For Hannah's birthday, I made this video with the music. I entitled it Dancing Celery because it reminds me of an animated cartoon with celery dancing around in the crisper. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. It's about time somebody finally POSTED this video instead of just referencing it! :-)

    Very creative, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That video is fantastic. And your shoes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been able to comment on this yet...let me just say I love this!!! -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so fantastic I think I'm going to lobby for it to be played on our "special night."

    ReplyDelete