Sunday, July 25, 2010

100th Blog

This is my 100th blog! And this evening I have good news, bad news to share with you...

Good News: Last time I went to the store I bought Panko, Japanese bread crumbs. I had heard so much about them and saw many recipes that used them in my Real Simple magazine. And, of course, if Real Simple says to use them...

I had defrosted some chicken and just thought I'd do some good ole' pan fried chicken with the Panko. Well, rats, I ran out of eggs. (Too bad Kat and Jason don't live here yet, I would have run over to borrow one from them.) On the back of the box, they said to bake them, "...mix Panko and any type of seasoning with vegetable or olive oil." Shoot, that sounds easy enough. I whipped up a bowl of Panko, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and olive oil. Coating the chicken in it and baked it for 20 minutes at 350. Here's what it looked like:

Not too shabby, huh? It actually smelled a lot better than it tasted. Next time, I'm going to make sure to add tons more seasoning because it was a little too bland for my taste. The Panko was so super crispy, though. Next, I want to try this fried eggplant sandwich recipe that was in Real Simple.

So the Bad News: When Jason came home from church (I had to work), he found our sink like this. Our neighbors is the same way, so it's most likely one of our connecting pipes that's messed up. A plumber is coming tomorrow, but in the meantime....
Doesn't it look horrible? The level goes up and down but we're afraid of it overflowing tonight and a big mess awaiting us in the morning. I also don't want it to start smelling. Also, we managed to just wipe down most of the dishes and plates and put them in the dishwasher but, as you can see in the corner of the picture, a few things are going to have to wait until tomorrow. My OCD/cleanliness is going BONKERS! Can't wait to get this fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment