Monday, August 2, 2010

Changes To Our Life

God answered Jason and I's prayer for him to find another job. For about a year or so, we felt the Lord leading him to leave the company. This was immediately followed by excitement, nervousness, and tons of questions. The one thing we did know for sure was that his time to leave was before this next season started, aka August, aka now. We threw around the idea of part-time but that never set well with us.

Here was my deal, and I say this with TOTAL love and admiration for my husband, Jason's not the go-getter type. He'll be the first to admit it. He has always felt like a better follower than leader. Heck, he was born 12 minutes after his twin. So, finding a new job, was going to be a bit of a challenge, particularly in this employment, or should I say unemployment, climate.

Jason put in applications at Barns&Noble and got excited at the prospect of working in a bookstore. I was freaking out inside thinking, "He could conceivably make less than what he's currently making. YIKES!" I know that it wasn't about money, because it's not; however, my security alarm, as a woman, was sounding out "CAUTION! DANGER AHEAD!" Girls, you know what I'm talking about, right?

Well, one night, a few friends mentioned an opening at our church, a position working with the children's ministries doing office/desk/finance work. Jason emailed his resume that night and got an interview the next day. The next week was followed by a second interview, with some bigger higher-ups, and then ended with an online basic math/grammar aptitude test. Bodda Bing, Bodda Boom...JOB! God totally did all the work. Jason just went with the flow.

Last Monday was when he was offered the position and tomorrow is going to be his last day. Last day of Tuesday morning Bible study. Last carpool to the same location. Last time I can say, "This is Bergstrom, calling for Bergstrom." Last time I can pull the title of Mrs. Scheduling Coordinator. I'm a little sad, little worried tomorrow is going to be tough.

I fell in love with him at the theater. We acted together on that stage. Shared backstage kisses. Slowed danced in the lobby during a show. Had our headshots side by side.

Changes are occurring. Little hard to wrap my head around it.

1 comment: